- Does the program help new associates learn the culture of the organization?
- Do employees learn about the resources that are available to help them with their job?
- Do employees feel welcomed (not just by their manager but by their team)?
- Does the employee acquire the basic knowledge to be successful in his/her position?
- Do the employees get the opportunity to build relationships with their team?
- Do the employees learn about the mission and history of the company?
- Are employees walking out of on-boarding with a clear understanding of company policy?
Think about these questions for a minute. What is your answer? What proof do you have to backup your answers? If you have none then it is time to develop a survey asking employees their opinions of the company's on-boarding. It should be done immediately after new hire orientation and after 3 months of working. By conducting the survey twice, both the on-boarding and learning curve can be evaluated.
If you do not have on-boarding, then maybe its time that you and I talk!